Policy Document Page
About the Journal:
Acta Islamica is a biannual research journal of the department of Islamic Studies, Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Sheringal, Dir Upper. Its issues are published in June and December each year. The research articles published in Acta Islamica encompass all branches of Islamic Studies both in isolation as well as in collaboration with other disciplines. This trilingual journal accepts scholarly research articles in Arabic, Urdu and English from national and international academia. This open-access journal is approved by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan in “Y” category and we are looking forward to promote it to “X” category. It strictly follows the policy of blind peer review by one national and one international expert reviewers. This OGS adopted journal is indexed by various national and international indexing agencies including Crossref, Islamic Research Index (IRI), Almanhal etc. Research articles related to contemporary issues with reference to Islamic Studies and its solutions are encouraged.
Scope, Aims & Objective:
Acta-Islamica aims to promote and welcomes scholarly researches in all branches of Islamic Studies and believes in quality, authentic and original research work.
The fields of research include but not limited to Islamic Thought and Civilization, Social and Natural Sciences in Islamic or religious perspective, Islamic, Oriental and Occidental Studies, Comparative Religions and Civilizations as well as contemporary issues that interface with Islam in the current geopolitical environment. Specified fields are Qur’anic Studies, Hadith, Islamic Philosophy, Islamic Law, Islamic History and Society, Islamic Thought and Literature, Islam and Peace, Islamic Civilization, Muslim Societies, Islamic Philosophy and Theology, Indo-Islamic Civilization, Oriental and Occidental Studies in the context of Islam and Muslims, Comparative Religions, Conflict of Modernity and Tradition, contemporary issues like growing Islamophobia, Critical Muslim Studies, Anthropology of Islam, Postcolonial Studies and Muslims etc.
Acta-Islamica welcomes faculty members from various universities nationally & internationally, as well as freelancer researchers to publish their scholarly research articles related to Islamic and Religious studies.
Acta-Islamica publishes manuscripts and articles after double blind peer review process, which is carried out by leading reviewers (one national and one international) in the field of Islamic & Religious Studies.
Peer Review Process:
Acta-Islamica adopts double blind peer review process which means that both reviewers’ and authors’ identities are concealed from each other. Research articles submitted for publication in the journal are first screened by the editorial board which may reject manuscripts without further review if they do not meet the minimum criteria of the journal. At the next stage the manuscripts are subjected to double blind peer review by at least one national and one international experts of the field.
Indexing & Abstracting:
"Acta Islamica" has been indexed Successfully in Higher Education Commission (HEC) approved national and international Indexing agencies:
1- IRI (Islamic Research Index) : Allama Iqbal Open University Pakistan (AIOU): https://iri.aiou.edu.pk/?page_id=4500
2- Crossref: click here for link
- 3. Al Manhal (Dubai)
Guidelines for Contributors
Acta Islamica is a trilingual research-oriented journal endeavoring to publish the research papers having the social and contemporary advantages in a scholastic manner. For the betterment of the journal, the contributors should keep in view the following guidelines.
- The article submitted for publication should be creative, research oriented and not submitted elsewhere for publication.
- The author concerned will be held responsible for the contents mentioned in article. No matter if it is differing from the opinion of the editor. In case of plagiarism, the author will face the consequences thereof.
- The article should be of 5000 to 8000 words in length. On the front page the clear and bold written title of article and the name of author should be given consecutively. The designation and the address etc. should be given in foot note of the same page. The abstract not more than 200 words in English should be written in the start.
- MS Word 2007 should be adopted in composing.
- In Urdu 14 font size for text, 12 for reference where as in English 12 font size for text and 10 for reference should be adopted.
- Chicago Manual Style should be followed for references.
- The editor reserves the right to accept or reject an article without any reason. Moreover, the editor can make necessary addition and alteration in the article.
- Jameel Noori Nastaleeq for Urdu, Traditional Arabic for Arabic and Times New Roman for English should be adopted. Avoid submitting the article in In Page or PDF.
- One soft copy of the article along with the plagiarism free certificate should be sent via the following email.
Acta Islamica Research Journal strictly follows the plagiarism policy of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan in its true letter and spirit. Manuscripts submitted to Acta Islamica should be original and must not be plagiarized. Every submitted article is checked for plagiarism through Turnitin software. If the Similarity Index (SI) of the article is above 19% then it is sent back to the corresponding author to revision and bring its SI below 19%. If plagiarism is proved after the publication of the article, that article will be immediately withdrawn and removed from the journal website and the concerned authors will be considered ineligible for publication of their articles in Acta Islamica.
Fee rates per article for Publishing in Bi Annual Journal Acta Islamica Department of Islamic Studies SBBU Sheringal.
The following fee has been approved for publishing article in Bi Annual Journal Acta Islamica and would be charged from the authors.
- Processing/Evaluation Fee (Non Refundable) = RS 6000 per article
- Publication fee (Refundable in case of rejection) = RS 8000 per article
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party
Dr. Zia Ur Rehman
Chief Editor, Bi-Annual Research Journal